Apache::Request simply maps the Apache object into an Apache::Request
object (I know that sounds like double-speak, but it's late), and adds
some extra methods.  I don't think that's what Vijay's original
question is all about.

What's needed is an HTTP::Request object.  Look at LWP::UserAgent
which brings together HTTP::Request and HTTP::Response objects and you
also should grab HTTP::Headers.  Like I said, it's late.  I think that
whole collection ball of wax is in libwww-perl available on CPAN.
Other than the parsing and redisplaying that Vijay asked about, that's
pretty much what a proxy server does, and there's a pretty detailed
example or two in the Eagle book.  As far as the parsing that response
data, a mixture of good ole perl technique and HTML::Parser should be
sufficient.

-- Rob

--On 08/25/00 21:33:14 -0700 Yann Ramin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> If you're in a modperl enviroment, and don't use CGI.pm, try using
> Apache::Request (I'm not a fan of using Apache.pm for too much).  Has
> anyone ever considered making a wrapper for all the modules which get
> back data from the request (roll Apache::Request, Apache::Cookie, etc,
> into one)?  Seems trivial.
>
> Yann
>

> Vijay wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to get data from an external url in my perl program (either
>> thru Embperl Execute or directly from perl). What I need is like
>> this.
>>
>> There is a URL which gives some information in text format. I want
>> to get that into a variable or file using perl and using my own html
>> templates, I want to show that data.
>>
>> If anyone has done something like this, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Vijay
>
> --

> Yann Ramin                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Atrus Trivalie Productions    www.redshift.com/~yramin
> Monterey High IT              www.montereyhigh.com
> ICQ                           46805627
> AIM                           oddatrus
> Marina, CA
>
> IRM Developer                   Network Toaster Developer
> SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer
>
> (yes, this .signature is way too big)
>
> "All cats die.  Socrates is dead.  Therefore Socrates is a cat."
>        - The Logician
>
>                THE STORY OF CREATION
>
> In the beginning there was data.  The data was without form and null,
> and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of IBM
> was moving over the face of the market.  And DEC said, "Let there be
> registers"; and there were registers.  And DEC saw that they carried;
> and DEC seperated the data from the instructions.  DEC called the data
> Stack, and the instructions they called Code.  And there was evening
> and there was a maorning, one interrupt...
>                -- Rico Tudor
>
> William Safire's Rules for Writers:
>
> Remembe

     /\/_/_/_/_/       /\/_/ \/_/_/_/_/_/  QUIDQUID LATINE DICTUM SIT,
    /\/_/__\/_/ __    /\/_/    /\/_/          PROFUNDUM VIDITUR
  /\/_/ \/_/  /\/_/_/\/_/    /\/_/         (Whatever is said in Latin
  \/_/  \/_/  \/_/_/_/_/     \/_/              appears profound)

  Rob Tanner
  McMinnville, Oregon
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]