Passing this along from the mason list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [OT]Apache::Reload (was Re: [Mason]More "At The Forge" articles)
Date: 29 Aug 2000 10:59:35 +0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alexei V. Barantsev)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dave Rolsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Jonathan Swartz wrote:
>
> > 2. Automatic reload on modification and introduction of new code without
> > restarting of servers. (You can arrange some of this for modules via StatINC
> > but it's not as clean or automatic).
>
> Check out Matt Sergeant's new Apache::Reload module.  Much more flexible.

BTW, I have a problem with Apache::Reload module.

I want to separate logic from Mason components, and incapsulate it in
modules. To reload modules I used StatINC. Following your advice I
replaced it with Apache::Reload and register some modules to be
reloaded.

But Apache::Reload handler forgot all my modules!

More details. There exists %INCS hash for registered modules. Tracing
import subroutine during Apache start shows that registration ok, all
my modules are registered. But tracing handler (used as InitHandler)
shows that this hash is empty. Where are my modules?

--
ab
ICQ: 3959207