> To which HTML::Template responds: "Sure you know Perl, but does the HTML
> designer you're working with?"  HTML::Template has a simple, HTML-esque
> syntax for its template files that is aimed at HTML designers.

I still think that this:

   <? foreach $name (@names) { ?>
         Name: <?=$name?> <P>
         Job: <?=$job{$name}?> <P>
   <? } ?>

Is cleaner (well, as much as perl can be :-)) than this:

   <TMPL_LOOP NAME=EMPLOYEE_INFO>
         Name: <TMPL_VAR NAME=NAME> <P>
         Job: <TMPL_VAR NAME=JOB> <P>
   </TMPL_LOOP>

And the first one has two major advantages: 1) requires less code in the
Perl modules and 2) allows designers to know how Perl looks like.

> Keep the
> Perl in your modules and keep the HTML in your template files.  Go the
> other direction and soon enough you've got your programmers changing
> font colors.

I'd rather putting all the formatting information in a CSS file...

I agree that one shouldn't put lots of code inside of a template, but
variables and loops are better expressed in Perl than in a "little
crippled language".

Nelson

Nelson Ferraz                           Insite - Solucoes Internet
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.insite.com.br/