> That's because you're a Perl programmer.  The template syntax wasn't
> designed for your tastes.  It was designed for the HTML designers you will
> eventually have to work with - wether while you're actually on the project
> or when it moves into maintainance and needs design changes.

That's a good point, but take a look at Perl itself: it doesn't force you
to be clear, but there are guidelines to make code more readable.

> > And the first one has two major advantages: 1) requires less code in the
> > Perl modules and 2) allows designers to know how Perl looks like.
>
> 1) The more code you put in your modules the better.  This promotes code
> reuse and better documentation.

If I want to make something simple, make it simple! For instance:

  <? for ($min..$max) { ?>
     <OPTION> $_
  <? } ?>

> 2) Say what?  Are you running a school or trying to things done?  Putting
> raw Perl in your HTML isn't helping you designers is any way I understand.

I always try to teach while having things done. Learning a bit of Perl
will help the designers as much as learning "raw HTML" instead of using
just a WYSIWYG tool: they will be more productive.

See you,

Nelson

Nelson Ferraz                           Insite - Solucoes Internet
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.insite.com.br/