[I could swear i sent this already and even got a couple responses but no
answers, however I cannot find any such things in my mail logs or in the
searchable list archives. If I did and there were answers posted if someone
could point me to the result in the list archives that would be fine]

In the process of setting up a multilingual site we started logging the
accept_languages header just out of curiosity. I've noticed a strange
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE header appearing:

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en,x-ns1bdJ6k9jzNhQ;q=0.7,x-ns2r3109OnmPe2;q=0.3
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-us,x-ns1x2TumPKxNhQ;q=0.4,x-ns2r3409OnmPe2
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en,x-ns1bdJ6k9jzNhQ;q=0.7,x-ns2r3109OnmPe2;q=0.3

Note the x-ns1 and x-ns2 languages that seem to be leaking random data. It
looks to me like base64 encoded 8 byte blocks. About the right size for DES
keys or blcoks. (In fact two of them would be exactly right for DES3.)

I've done web searches and cannot turn up any documentation or comment on
this. It seems like an odd side-channel to be using to leak this information.

Does anyone know anything more about it?

--
greg