Hi All

I'm thinking of restructuring my setup so that I have my apache/mod_perl
servers access database servers remotely using DBI::Proxy, rather than
locally. Does anyone have a sense of what kind of performance degradation I
should expect? Will it come chiefly from network latency (leaving
encryption out for the moment)? Also, I've never managed to install
DBI::Proxy successfully on any system (AIX 4.2.1/4.3.2/4.3.3, Red Hat
6.0/1/2; perl 5.005/5.6.0; apache 1.3.12/mod_perl 1.24). The tests always
fails for the RPC piece. Is the RPC module typically this problematic?

TIA

Bill