On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Herrington, Jack wrote:

> I have the same problem as one of the previous reporters with
> Apache::Request->new().  The problem occurs whether I call it after a 'use'
> or after a 'PerlModule' load.  Perl returns the no 'new' method could be
> found for Apache::Request.

sounds to me like your script is not running under mod_perl.
Apache/Request.pm calls this to bootstrap the xs interface:

    __PACKAGE__->mod_perl::boot($VERSION);

if you are not running under mod_perl ($ENV{MOD_PERL} is not set), then
the interface is not bootstrapped.  this is done so 'perl -c' can be run
on scripts that 'use Apache::*' with apis only available when running
inside the server.