On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> I'm running Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl embedded, on Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> I have the following lines towards the end of my httpd.conf:
>
> PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /usr/local/MyPerl/lib
> PerlRequire startup.pl
> Include perllocs.conf
>
> However, upon system startup, my startup.pl fails because it can't find
> a particular module in the @INC list.
>
> If I start Apache from the command line, it works.  This is undoubtedly
> because PERL5LIB is set up in my /etc/profile, to the same path.
>
> I've looked at this until I'm crosseyed.  Seemingly PerlSetEnv just
> doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas?  Yes, I know the workaround: 'use lib' in startup.pl.  But
> why?

PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB works fine for me, and should work regardless of
PerlTaintCheck, because mod_perl treats it special (note for the guide,
stas).

mod_perl-x.xx/t/conf/httpd.conf has this config:

<Location /perl/perl-status>
PerlSetVar StatusOptionsAll On
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler +Apache::Status
PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /home/dougm/lib/perl
</Location>

which i can see as the last @INC entry printed by:
/perl-status?inc