> I am developing computer software for more than 30 years.
> Yet not able to install even the minimal support for ASP using APACHE
> on WIN95 platform (which is no doubt,  the most popular in the world).

Well we've all had problems when installing things for the first time, that's
what this list is for, you'll find a lot of help here, provided you don't troll
that is.
Of course the Win95 platform may not be the best choice for a web server,
in fact Microsoft recommends you use NT or 2000 for servers.

> I do believe that there are a lot of persons getting salaries from
> "APACHE ORG".

This is of course totally untrue. "apache.org" doesn't even exist as
a legal entity, it's just a domain name. The ASF (Apache Software
Foundation) does not pay salaries to its members.

> Is it not reasonable that some of them are paid by Microsoft to make thinks
> complicated, to slow Linux penetrating  ?

No, it isn't. One of the major goals of the current rewrite of Apache (version
2.0) is to make it very portable, and to achieve the same level of performance
under Windows version 1.3 has under Unix.

--
Eric