[EMAIL PROTECTED] (kevin montuori) wrote:
>  i'm wondering if anyone else has seen the following behaviour, and,
>  if you have, how you dealt with it.  here's the problem:
>
>  i have a bunch (200 or so) CGI scripts being handled by
>  Apache::RegistryFilter then Apache::Compress, i.e.,
>
>     <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|pl)$">
>       SetHandler            perl-script
>       PerlSetVar            Filter On
>       PerlHandler           Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Compress
>     </FilesMatch>

Hi Kevin,

Do you also have config lines like

   PerlModule Apache::RegistryFilter
   PerlModule Apache::Compress

somewhere in the config file?  You should.  If you don't, I think
mod_perl does some magical loading of modules you need (I'm not even
sure of that, since I always load the modules explicitly), but it might
get messed up when new children are created or something.

Other than that, is the filtering setup working okay?

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum