Hi,
We are a site new to Apache and Perl, using IBM's
Websphere product that  runs Apache version 1.3.7.
Trying to implement Virtual hosts with little success

I have attached what we have added to the conf file.

Main question is can apache handle multiple virtual hosts using the same IP
address with SSL?

If not, what do other sites do?

We have added three vitual hosts for port 80, however
only the top one works ( even if we change the order!)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

- Ian

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Personal Investment Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan all e-mails but are not responsible for any
damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party after it is sent.
NameVirtualHost 195.171.5.73

<VirtualHost 195.171.5.73:80>
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName penadmin2.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /data/penadmin/web
DirectoryIndex index.html
#DirectoryIndex /group/jsp/pa_auth.jsp
# AfpaCache on
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 195.171.5.73:80>
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName mypension.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /data/penadmin/web
# AfpaCache on
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 195.171.5.73:80>
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName portals.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /data/SAM/eqp1_00/web
# AfpaCache on
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 195.171.5.73:8080>
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName eate.ecommerce.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs
# AfpaCache on
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

# ADD SSL FOR PENADMIN2
NameVirtualHost 195.171.5.73:443

<VirtualHost penadmin2.standardlife.com:443>
SSLEnable
SSLClientAuth none
SSLServerCert Penadmin production
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
SSLCipherSpec 34353A333639323130
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName penadmin2.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /data/penadmin/web
DirectoryIndex index.html
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost mypension.standardlife.com:443>
SSLEnable
SSLClientAuth none
SSLServerCert Penadmin production
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName mypension.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /data/penadmin/web
DirectoryIndex index.html
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 195.171.5.73:443>
SSLEnable
SSLClientAuth none
SSLServerCert portals
CustomLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access.log combined
SSLCipherSpec 34
SSLCipherSpec 35
SSLCipherSpec 3A
SSLCipherSpec 33
SSLCipherSpec 36
SSLCipherSpec 39
SSLCipherSpec 32
SSLCipherSpec 31
SSLCipherSpec 30
ErrorLog /usr/HTTPServer/logs/error.log
ServerName portals.standardlife.com
DocumentRoot /data/SAM/eqp1_00/web
DirectoryIndex index.html
ServerAlias 195.171.5.73
</VirtualHost>

Keyfile /key.kdb
SSLV2Timeout 100
SSLV3Timeout 1000

<Directory /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs/penadmin>
SSLVersion ALL
AllowOverride none
UseCanonicalName Off
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs/WebSphereSamples>
AllowOverride none
UseCanonicalName Off

# LDAPConfigFile /usr/HTTPServer/conf/ldap.prop
AuthName penadmin
AuthType basic
Require valid-user
</Directory>