* Robert Friberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [001007 03:28]:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not really that lazy, I could probably find out
> pretty quickly from the excellent guide or the eagle
> book in my lap right now.
>
> It's just that I'm way behind schedule for an application
> thats due on monday :=) Any time saved will be greatly
> appreciated, I promised my daughter a biketrip today.
>
> Given this:
>

> <Location /padm>
>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlHandler Apache::padm
> </Location>
>

> What is the fastest/simplest way to add basic authorization?
> I'm comfortable with hardcoded usernames/passwords in a
> handler for now.
>
> Many, many thanks in advance.

There's nothing that says you have to use perl-based authorization
just because you're using mod_perl. Doing it the simple apache way --
with htpasswd files -- would also be fine (and ez to setup):

<Location /padm>
 AuthName "My Auth"
 AuthType Basic
 AuthUserFile "/home/httpd/myapp/auth"
 require valid-user
</Location>

The file /home/httpd/myapp/auth is administered with the 'htpasswd'
binary distributed with Apache. The Apache website has more info,
examples, etc.

Chris

--
Chris Winters