As I understand your question, you just need to make sure that the specified
handlers were enabled your httpd binary was built.  Try this:

% /path/to/your/apache/bin/httpd -L | grep Perl

You should see a list of Perl directives built into your httpd, which
resembles this:
PerlPassEnv (mod_perl.c)
PerlSendHeader (mod_perl.c)
PerlSetupEnv (mod_perl.c)
PerlHandler (mod_perl.c)
        the Perl handler routine name
PerlTransHandler (mod_perl.c)
        the Perl Translation handler routine name
PerlAuthenHandler (mod_perl.c)
        the Perl Authentication handler routine name
PerlAuthzHandler (mod_perl.c)
        the Perl Authorization handler routine name
PerlAccessHandler (mod_perl.c)

This list should include the handlers described in the pod for
Apache::AuthCookie

Thanks,

Tim Tompkins
Programmer / Staff Engineer