Hi,

i'am encouring problems with a machine that is hosting several completly independant modperl featured host.
It is crashing without any apparent reason (nothing in the logs), and it seems to be a lack of memory (1 GB !). The only visual aspect is that it becomes impossible to login in via ssh after it has crashed. The reboot is necessary !!!

My configuration is
Linux 2.2.14,
1GB Memory,
apache 1.3.12
modperl 1.24
Perl 5.6

There is no significant traffic over run due to the new sites added using modperl.
At the begining, it was running 3 virtualhosts, everything was working fine for months !
As soon as I added 3 new virtualhosts, it starting crashing 2 or 3 times a week. I removed some of them that were not vital, and then it is crashing once a week .

The httpd process is only 12 Mb big, I do not think it is too heavy , is it ?

Is anybody having any advice ? I'm running out of ideas ...

THanks a lot

Fred