Dear list members, dear Doug,

it seems to me, that my initial mail of this thread was to long to read
and to be answered  - especially because the questions are in the last
paragraph far down below and need scrolling of the message text ;-))

Ok, I'll try to split it up in bite-sized pieces:

1) Our apache is running 20 childs. A perl module is loaded via
startup.pl. On shutdown of apache the END block of this module is called
20 times and not only 1 time as I expected. Why?

2) I want to use the END block of this preloaded module to execute some
cleanup - checking and writing back to disk data possibly changed during
module livetime: a lengthy operation. But this is aborted on apache
shutdown after 5 seconds with SIGKILL. Do I need special configuration
for compiling apache/perl/mod_perl, in httd.conf or startup.pl to tell
apache to wait for the completion of the END block(s)?

Extended information can be found in my message at the beginning of this
thread.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ernest

--
Yours sincerely
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ernest Lergon

                VIRTUALITAS
Artists online, Fine Arts online, Poets online
        http://www.virtualitas.com/