On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Steven Cotton wrote:
> What version of Perl are you using? I had some problems with make test,
> one of the tests doesn't return and I got a few munged shared memory
> segment errors, I was attempting to install under Solaris 7 and Perl
> 5.6.0.

The messages about "munged shared memory" seem to be going if you change

    my($tag, $ice) = unpack 'A14 A*' => $stuff;

in the file lib/IPC/Shareable.pm, sub _thaw to the:

    my($tag, $ice) = unpack 'A13 A*' => $stuff;

(since the sub _freeze calls

    my $stuff = 'IPC::Shareable' . $ice;

- i.e. 13 chars). But there are further problems ("make test" hangs)...