Problem:  When using the Light & Heavy Server methods
 of processing web delivery, there are several  methods of
proxying reques to multiple backend servers (squid,
mod_rewrite, mod_proxy) can be used. And these
seem to work well, but one small issue still crops up.

 ProxyPassReverse works as described and modifies
 the Location header. Is there something else that
 will filter/translate included URL's?

 For example
   ProxyPass  /product/itemA/
                   http://modperl.internal.com/root/service/path/mason/
   ProxyPass  /product/itemB/
                    http://websphere.internal.com/content/product/information/

   ProxyPass  /customer/Service/
                    http://iis.internal.com/inetpub//ASP/customer/

 Will translate on the way in  and the equiv ProxyPassReverse
will modify the Location for the proxied pages going out. What
methods of others used on the Light Server to modify the urls
generated by pages on the backend servers to resemble
http://external.server.com/product/itemB/faq.shtml ?

 (pointers to previous discussions or alternative sources
  welcomed)

 At this point I think that the light server will have to
 include mod_perl to search the pages and modifiy
 the content.  I'd really like to keep the front end
 proxy server  .. 'light'

Kermit Tensmeyer - Dallas TSC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]