Hi all,

I came in this morning to find my server (semi) down with the following
error message in the logs:

[error] Out of memory during "large" request for 135168 bytes at
/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/Compress/Zlib.pm line 198

This is on an HP-UX machine with several _gigs_ of memory. In my mod_perl
modules, I compress my cookies (using Compress::Zlib) before sending them
across to the browser. All of the mods that generate cookies were getting an
internal server error :/

I did apachectl graceful with no luck, then apachectl restart with no luck
again, and finally a stop and start fixed the problem, but for how long?

Has anyone seen this or know where to start looking? It appears to be some
sort of memory leak, but where to begin looking?

Thanks,
Dave Homsher, II
Webmaster
MACtac IT