Hi there,

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, George Sanderson wrote:

> First, off, let me clairfy, I am a Newbie in almost every way. . .

We've all been there sometime.  Some of us never left.

> I have the following configuration Apache 1.3.14, mod_perl-1.24_01
> (static), Perl-5.6.0, Linux 2.2.14.
> If I load load Apache::Icon, and mod_layout 2.8 (DSO), Apache will core

1.  Make sure that the same compiler built your Perl as built mod_perl.
2.  Try compiling all the modules into Apache statically.
3.  Try Perl 5.005_03.
4.  You might want to get 2.2.16 - nothing to do with mod_perl, or your
    problem, but there's a security bug in Linux 2.2 less than 2.2.16
    which allows local users to get root access.

> I have a similar problem when I replace mod_layout with mod_auth_mda
> (DSO), however I do not have a problem if i do not load mod_perl
> with the other modules

You said you'd got mod_perl statically compiled.  You mean you have
another copy of Apache, right?

> No error_log output is generated.

Yeah, core dumps will do that.

73,