On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[...]
> When I test with perl-5.5.3, everything appears to work. However when I
> build with perl-5.6.0, my browser (netscape navigatior on a PC) tells me
> that "the document contains no data", and there's a trace of a core-dump
> in the apache errlog.

The SUPPORT document that came with mod_perl should give you some
hints on how to do a backtrace from the core dump.

> I've noticed a version mod_perl-1.24.1 on the download site, dated the
> 13th of October (the day the new apache came out) but its inaccessible.

It shouldn't be. It seems to be accessible from both
http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-1.24_01.tar.gz and
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/DOUGM/mod_perl-1.24_01.tar.gz

 - ask

--