"G.W. Haywood" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Jayme Frye wrote:
>
> > I am setting up Apache::Watchdog::RunAway and have come across a
> > problem with Apache::Scoreboard that breaks Watchdog.
> [snip]
> >  Apache compile time options:
> >
> >  SL_BASE=SYSTEM \
> >  EAPI_MM=SYSTEM \
> >  CC="egcs" \
> >  OPTIM="-O9....
>
> Extract from apache_1.3.14/src/Configuration:
>
> # Optimization note:
> # Be careful when adding optimization flags (like -O3 or -O6) on the OPTIM
> # entry, especially when using some GCC variants. Experience showed that using
> # these for compiling Apache is risky. If you don't want to see Apache dumping
> # core regularly then at most use -O or -O2.
>
> 73,
> Ged.

Thanks for the info. Although I have had no problems with this level of
optimization I tried recompiling with -O and -O2. Unfortunately compiling with -O
or -O2 did nothing to correct the ouptut of Apache::Scoreboard.  The problem also
effects Apache::VMonitor which returns incomplete information as well.

Jayme Frye
Senior System Administrator
Inventive Comm
[EMAIL PROTECTED]