I don't know about PERL_STASH_POST_DATA, but Apache::RequestNotes may be
able to help - it basically does cookie/get/post/upload parsing during
request init and then stashes references to the data in pnotes.  The result
is a consistent interface to the data across all handlers (which is the
exact reason this module came about)

it requires Doug's libapreq and probably a few code changes, but it may be
somewhat helpful...

HTH

--Geoff