hello,
I have a question here.
There are 2 server, server A and server B.

There are also 2 cgi files.

access-ip.cgi store in server A.
ip.cgi store in server B.

The access-ip.cgi looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
use LWP::Simple;
@testing=get('http://www.serverB.com/cgi-bin/ip.cgi');
print @testing;
--
The ip.cgi on server B looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$add=$ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'};
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<p>IP is $add\n"

So, how do I pass/set the environment variable of REMOTE_ADDR from
server A ? So that I can control the env of remote_addr at the server
B ?

access-ip.cgi actually get the output from server B, and server B
actually get the remote_addr value from server A.

So, is there any way I can make
$ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'}="1.2.3.4"; from server A,

And pass this variable to server B. So, server B will take 1.2.3.4 as
the value of remote_addr, and as a result, access-ip will give an
output of 1.2.3.4.

I have tried the following code in modperl,

my $r = shift;
$r->connection->remote_ip('1.2.3.4');

it only works in server A, meaning,
$ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'} in Server A return 1.2.3.4, but $ENV
{'REMOTE_ADDR'} in server B still return the Server A ip address.

Thank you very much.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]