On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I want to set up a cache, storing html templates and perl widgets (held
> in MySQL) that are regularly eval'd. I want to attach timestamps and hit
> counts to each stored scalar, to help decide which are the most
> important values to cach, and allow updates to the cache if values are
> changed. I'm also looking at IPC::Cache.

File::Cache is a better choice than IPC::Cache for most things.  In this
case, you can free yourself from worrying about managing memory between
mod_perl and your cache by using File::Cache and letting the OS handle
keeping commonly used pages in RAM.  It wil buffer the frequently used
files and page out unused mod_perl code.  Much simpler.

- Perrin