Luc Willems wrote:

>         hello ,
>
> i'm working on a project that involves some XML-RPC system. The idea is
> to POST a XML to a ASP script which will than process this
> and return a XML back to the client.
>
> To do that a send sommething like this (output from ethereal dump) :
>
> POST /cp-bin/rc2.asp HTTP/1.0
> Host: linux
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <methodCall>
> <methodName>examples.getStateName</methodName>
> <params>
> <param><value><i4>1</i4></value></param>
> </params>
> </methodCall>
>
> The problem now is , that in the asp script i get a Totalbytes of 156
> bytes but the content string is empty ?

I don't know why this is happening.  Everything looks like it
should work fine.  Can you write a mini Apache::Registry script
with the same call to it, and do:

   print Apache->content();

In Apache::ASP, content is initialized like:

   $self->{content} = $r->content();

very straightforward, so if the above shows content, but
Apache::ASP isn't getting any, I'll be a little stumped.
Also, what is the output from:

 <%= $Request->BinaryRead() %>

which should return all of the output.  Your other code should
have worked, but just in case.  BinaryRead w/o a length just
returns all of it.

This shouldn't be the problem, but is there the chance that
there is something else calling $r->content() first?  Maybe
some other code in another PerlHandler stage?  This should
not be the problem because one would expect your script to hang
in this case, but again I'm a bit stumped.

-- Josh