In a message dated 12/8/00 10:48:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> > I can't figure out where the "start" and "finish" are with mod_perl
> > that would make sense for 80 to 400 people.  It's not core techology,
> > like the llama.  We target the llama as how you would want ANY perl
> > hacker to spend their first 30 hours.  But what 20-30 hours are
> > *common* for any mod_perl hacker?  And what do you do for pre-reqs?

Make the course for someone who knows whatever
intermediate perl, knowing basic C will help the student.

Combine it with and advanced perl course.

Cover..

1. Using Perl to Configure Apache
2. .xs programming, and When to use It
3. Callback functions and what that means for signals
4. the mod_perl API
5. briefly, using apxs
5. "Fall back to" secure settings. CERT's safe CGI, Exec/CGI,
    suexec, tcpd-wrappers, mod_ssl,
    anyone who runs anything under Apache::Registry has X privs
6. A sample mod_perl module (trans, Acc/Auth/Authz, fixup)
7. BlockRobot Timer et cetera as time allows