I am sorry, its just my question wasn't on how to do it ("dup STDERR to
STDOUT"), but rather why doing that doesn't work. I have two pieces to
the puzzle an apache module and an external script. I get the errors
from the external script in the error_log, so I redirect them in the
module or the script to STDOUT, but this fails which means that apache
doesn't have a STDOUT or its something else.

Alex