I've seen a similar issue on our machine. We're running:

- mod_perl 1.24
- apache 1.3.12-25
- RedHat 7.0
- plenty of spare RAM

and only when we include certain of our own Perl modules in startup.pl do we
see the following in the error_log:

[Mon Dec 11 13:11:17 2000] [notice] child pid 2991 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

If we only use these certain modules in our mod_perl scripts (and not in
startup.pl), the segmentation faults don't occur. I was unable to spend any
time on tracking the bug down, but I'd also be curious to hear more about
this issue and any suggestions.

Alex Algard