Darren Duncan wrote:
> <...>
> Now some questions that I hope some of you can help me with.  Hopefully
> each has short answers.
> <...>
Hi Darren,

I think that all of your questions are answered in the mod_perl guide, which
is at:

  http://perl.apache.org/guide/

I don't have time right now to post a link to the answer to each individual
question, but after you've had a good look through the guide feel free to
ask again if you can't find the answer to a particular question, or if you
need clarification on some point.

PS: I hope you're not offended by this 'RTFM' reply--but the Guide will give
much better answers than I can since it's been revised over some time by the
whole community...