Following the examples in perldoc for Apache::Request regarding uploading
files through a webpage, I have had the following problems:

1. Apache uses 140Mb of memory when I upload a 10Mb file.
2. Apache does not free up any of that memory, after it has finished
processing the request.
3. Getting the binary out from $r->upload's filehandle takes up to 40
seconds.

I'm running Apache 1.3.12 / Mod_Perl 1.24 on a 733Mhz computer with 256Mb
ram under FreeBSD 4.2

Anybody knows how to do file uploads without using that much memory?
I desperatly need a solution for an event which takes place in 7 days -
HELP!

// Per Moeller