On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Aaron E. Ross wrote:

> at a time earlier than now, Andreas Marienborg wrote:
> > I just can't seem to find any info on how to specify that Apache::Session
> > should create session_id's that are shorter than 32 hex chars? could
> > someone point me in the right direction??
>
>  Just write a module to sub class Apache::Session. Apache::Session::MySQL is
>  remarkably simple.  Here it is:

Thanks for pointing this out..however, I found a better way I thought I'd
share with the list:

The Apache::Session::Generate::MD5 module actually checks if there is an
arg called 'IDLength' when it generates the ID...so I just had to add an
IDLength => 8 to my initial Session tie, and everything worked nicely from
there on :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

--
Andreas Marienborg                      +47 92 28 63 82
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           www.palle.net