Embperl wasn't installed at all before, to get the newest version from CPAN
was the correct solution.

> I suspected I might need to upgrade my Embperl, so I
> fired off the old 'perl -MCPAN -e shell' and tried to 'install
> HTML::Embperl'... the only problem is that during the test phase, it keeps
> crapping out on the chdir.htm test, and so won't install without a force.

Could you run the tests with

make test TESTARGS="-i"

this will continue after the failed chdir test. If the chdir test is the
only test that fails, there should be no problem to install and use Embperl.
The chdir test fails on some platforms (namly solaris maybe others) and I
didn't have a chance to track down why.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131