Hi all,

    Some days ago I sent a question about performance of Oracle and MS SQL Server databases, but I don't got any answer that help me. I have installed on my machine:
Linux Red Hat 6.2
Apache 1.3.14 (installed on machine 1 )
mod_perl 1.24-1
DBD::Oracle
DBD::Sybase ( to access the MS SQL Server database )
Oracle (installed on machine 2 )
MS SQL Server (installed on machine 3 )

I know using the Apache::DBI module the connection time is reduced, but I need to make some tests of performance without Apache::DBI. The Oracle and SQL Server servers are running on different machines that Web server. I undestand one Oracle connection consumes more resources that SQL Server, but there is a thing that I don't undestand, when I ran the tests for SQL Server the machine 1 works properly, but when I ran the tests for Oracle the machine 1 works much more slow. Same with the database servers installed on different machines that Web server, does one connection Oracle consume more resources on the machine 1 that a SQL Server connection? Why? Why does the machine 1 work much more slow for Oracle? Please, if someone must help me I will be very thankful. Happy hollidays for everyone.

            Edmar Edilton da Silva
    Bacharel em Ciência da Computacão - UFV
  Mestrando em Ciência da Computacão - UNICAMP