----- Original Message -----
From: "Wesley Darlington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: can't flush buffers?

> Hi All,
>
> On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 09:38:11AM -0800, quagly wrote:
> > This is the relevant code:
> >
> > while ($sth->fetch) {
> >    $r->print ("<TR>",
> >        map("<TD>$_</TD>",@cols),
> >        "</TR>");
> >   $r->rflush;
> > }
>
> A thought is knocking at the back of my head - browsers don't render
> tables until they've got the whole thing. I think. Try sending lots
> of single-row tables instead of one big table...?

Yes, this is most likely the real problem - if the browser has to compute
the
column widths it can't do it until it has seen the end of the table.  You
can
avoid it by specifying the widths in the table tag or by closing and
restarting
the table after some reasonable sized number of rows.

        Les Mikesell
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]