On 1 Jan 2001, at 11:40, James G Smith wrote:

Thanks for the answer. I'm no mod_perl or apache guru but I had a
feeling it didn't make sense.

I'm trying to use a Apache::AuthAnyModDav to authenticate for
mod_dav.

I already have a Apache::AuthAny for normal authentication which
works fine.

I'd like to have it so a user can use Web folders in Win 98 and
connect to a directory on the web server. But only their own
directory. I can get it to work via authentication but that is any user
can access any directory in the tree. I want that they can only
access their own directory.

At the moment users can upload, download to their own directory via
a html interface but to add WebDav functionality would be great!

regards

Scott

> Short answer: no.
>
> Long answer: Since the httpd.conf file is read only at startup
> (or other well defined times, such as a HUP signal), which
> REMOTE_USER would you have in mind?  Mod_perl feeds any
> information from the <perl> sections into the httpd configuration
> engine at the time the conf file is read.  Any variable
> substitutions get made at that time.
> James Smith - [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.jamesmith.com/
>             [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://sourcegarden.org/
>               [EMAIL PROTECTED]      | http://cis.tamu.edu/systems/opensystems/