cr> hmmm.  i checked CPAN about a month ago, and they
cr> had the new version.  i believe CPAN is actually a bunch of mirrored
cr> sites that the dns redirects to.  I wonder if the one you ended up
cr> getting is not getting properly mirrored?

But the CPAN shell doesn't see the _1 version because of the "_" in
the version number.  If you ask CPAN what the latest version is, you
find 1.24.

The file is there but the index doesn't tell you about it.

Are there any showstoppers in 1.24_02-dev that need addressing or
should we just roll this out as 1.25?  I have no problems with it.