Hi,

Why do I see this in the log

13402 Apache::DBI             need ping: yes
13402 Apache::DBI             new connect to
'my_dbmy_usermy_passwdAutoCommit=1PrintError=1'

when I have in the startup.pl file

Apache::DBI->connect_on_init
             ("DBI:mysql:my_db",
              "my_user",
              "my_passwd",
              {
               PrintError => 1, # warn() on errors
               RaiseError => 0, # don't die on error
               AutoCommit => 1, # commit executes immediately
              }
             );

Is it because the child has reached it's maximum life ?

How many connections can you have open from DBI to mysql ?

I have 9 db's with 10 children ~ 90 connections .

All use the same user.

Should I increase the memory from 256 MB to ?

I have read http://perl.apache.org/guide/databases.html

Scott

scott alexander
tietoverkkosuunnittelija