On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Everyone knows that END handlers in packages under mod_perl are executed
> only when apache terminates. But from time to time there might be a need to
> execute something when the Request is finished.
>
> In practice what I do in these cases is install PerlCleanupHandler which
> checks all loaded packages and if they define 'END_REQUEST' function then
> execute that function.
>
> Maybe it's worth making it standart feature of mod_perl?

considering you can do this:

package My::Module;

$Apache::ReadConfig::Location{'/'}->{PerlCleanupHandler}
  = join '::', __PACKAGE__, 'cleanup';

sub cleanup {
    my $r = shift;
    warn "cleanup in $$\n";
}

cleanup() will be called without touching httpd.conf.
a small module to cut down the noise should do the trick for you.

checking all packages by default would be far too expensive to be a
standard feature.