I just moved from dedicated to virtual hosting <sigh>, and was
wondering how to configure mod_perl to install the modules to a
private lib, outside of @INC.

I simply built mod_perl and copied the modules manually to the
destination dir.  However, I keep getting the following error
when trying to start apache+mod_perl: Can't locate loadable
object for module Apache::Constants in @INC (@INC contains:
[correct search paths]...) at /path/to/mod_perl.pm line 14
Compilation failed in require at /path/to/Apache.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /path/to/Apache.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /path/to/Apache/Registry.pm
line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /path/to/Apache/Registry.pm
line 2.
Compilation failed in require at /path/to/startup.pl line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /path/to/startup.pl line
11.

Is there something I can pass to the makefile on the command
line to tell it to ignore the @INC and use lib 'lib'?
Apache/Perl has correct search paths; I have 'use lib qw(lib1
lib2 etc.)' wrapped in a BEGIN block inside my startup file...

Thanks.

Dave