Hello,

The other day we had a system fail because the partition that holds the
logs became full, and Apache stopped responding to requests. Deleting some
old log files in that partition solved the problem.

We pipe logs to cronolog (http://www.ford-mason.co.uk/resources/cronolog/)
to roll them daily, so this introduces a pipe and also means that the
individual logfile being written to was relatively small.

While this faulted our monitoring (we should have been monitoring free
space on /var), I am also interested in something I was unable to find
on-line: how to configure Apache to robustly failover in such a case,
e.g. keep serving responses but just stop writing to logs.

Thanks in advance if anybody has any pointers.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101