I've done both mod_perl and mod_jserv compiled and working on the same
server..

I think it was a 2.5 meg httpd ;)

> On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Terry Newnham wrote:
> > My boss has asked me to set up a web server on Solaris 8 with mod_perl
> > and (if possible) Java servlet capabilities as well. Has anybody done
> > this ? Any issues ?
>
> None that I know of, except that you really don't want the additional
> memory overhead of mod_perl in a process that isn't using mod_perl.  You
> might save some memory by having a separate server that runs just
> mod_perl, and having your jserv (or whatever) server send requests for
> mod_perl apps to it using mod_proxy.  See the mod_perl Guide for more info
> on using a proxy with mod_perl.
>
> - Perrin

JR Mayberry                                     e-Vend.net Corporation
Programmer and Systems Administrator            (888) 427-8743 x226 tel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.e-vend.net

The information in this message (including attachments) is confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.