Hello,

Writing a little webboard cgi to more familiarize myself with mod_perl
and mysql, I've run into a little quirk that I can't quite figure out.
The following code:

sub filter_template
{
        my ($in, $out, %rep) = @_;

        while(<$in>)
        {
                while(/<!--/)
                {
                        s/<!--(.*?)-->/$rep{$1}/;
                }
                print $out $_;
        }
}

local *TEMP

filter_template(*TEMP, *STDOUT, %rep);

Works fine if I load the script as a normal CGI, but not at all when
run through mod_perl.  A little playing games showed that the "print
$out $_" was the failing point.  Changing it to "print $_" in fact
works fine (but is not what the function is supposed to do!)

I thought apache ties STDIN and STDOUT appropriately... Or am I
handling file handles incorrectly?

Thanks

- Chris
Chris Atenasio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Friends don't let friends use Windows.
Send mail subject "send pgp key" or "word of the day" for auto-response.
Today's word of the day: ownerships