Hi,

I have a bit offtopic question: we have a problem enabling
the PHP safe mode under Solaris 2.6 even though it works
under Linux. This must be something very simple: everything
works fine, but the uid for files is always 1 under Solaris...

I tried looking into the source code, but haven't found the
reason yet. I would like to step through the source code
using the gdb. So I have recompiled the httpd like this:

    cd ~/src/mod_perl-1.24_01/
    perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=/home/eedalf/src/apache_1.3.14 \
         APACHE_PREFIX=/home/eedalf/apache PREFIX=/home/eedalf \
         DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1 PERL_DEBUG=1
    make
    make test (worked fine)
    make install

Then I go to:

    cd ~/apache/bin
    gdb ./httpd
    GNU gdb 4.17
    This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...(no debugging symbols found)...
    (gdb) source /home/eedalf/src/mod_perl-1.24_01/.gdbinit
    (gdb) set args -X
    (gdb) list
    No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
    (gdb) file ./httpd
    Reading symbols from ./httpd...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

I know that PHP is not compiled in yet... I wanted to try executing
"httpd -X" step by step first - just to see if it works. What am I
doing wrong? Doesn't PERL_DEBUG=1 add the debugging symbols?

Thank you
Alex