On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I've lost the original email, but this is reply from Doug to my
> email. I've asked to confirm that PERL5LIB is ignored with PerlTaintMode
> is on. Apparently the Perl docs say a different thing...
>
> Anybody has any insights about this situation? Does it has anything to do
> with Perl versions?
> But according to perlrun manpage (dist 5.00503):
>
>        PERL5LIB    A colon-separated list of directories in which

mod_perl special cases this one, from mod_perl.c:
        char *path = (char *)table_get(r->subprocess_env, "PERL5LIB");

        if (path) {
            perl_incpush(path);
            MP_INCPUSH_on(cld);
        }

>        PERL5OPT    Command-line options (switches).  Switches in

there is not special case for this, it was ignored last time i checked.
5.6.0 has some taint related bugs so it could be related to that.
where/how do you set PERL5OPT ?