Hello, we use freebsd-4.2 and i tried to install an apache server with
ssl, php4 and mod_perl compiled statically in
(why? to keep some crufty php scripts going, and to be able to load
embperl on server startup).

My orientation was the excellent mod_perl documentation  but ..

perl Makefile.PL seem not to honor the APACHE_SRC=.../... switch. I was
asked again and again ...

I used the FreeBSD-Layout, but somewhere somehow there came a
duplication of the apache path into existence.
The httpd server wanted to read
/usr/local/etc/apache/etc/apache/httpd.conf. When configuring with
--show-layout it looked like it should. My solution was to edit the
apaci script by hand?

Is this a known issue, addressed in mod_perl-1.25?

--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)