On 31 Jan 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm interested in doing rate-limiting with Apache.  Basically, I want
> to give Apache a target bitrate to aim at.  When writing to one user,
> it writes as close to <bitrate> as the user/network can suck it down.
> When writing to two users (two connections), it writes to each
> connection at as close to <bitrate>/2 as possible... and so on.
>
> I've heard this can be controlled by mod_perl.  Can anyone point me to
> some examples?

Randal has some good examples of throttling though not exactly what you're
looking for, in his web techniques stuff (I really want to get around to
putting some of that on my server, especially the offline downloader
blocks). Check http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **