I'm looking forward to start using Apache and mod_perl together...etc. The common E-commerce scenario. I will also be planning to put in Embperl, and use MySQL. I have a RH 7.0 system with Apache 1.3.12 already installed and previously configured by me. Now I'm trying to install mod_perl but I'm having problems cuz it seems like I can't find the Apache source anywhere!!! Obviously if it comes pre-installed, then it would be a RPM package. I queried...but still....I can't find the source...
I'm looking at trying this with mod_perl installation:

# cd /usr/src/mod_perl-1.25
# perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_x.x.x/src \
DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
# make && make test && make install

but these seem to be instructions for installing Apache also...but I don't want to uninstall, for fear of dependency conflicts with modules....

Is there a way to solve this problem???

perhaps this problem can be solved if I find a mod_perl rpm package....but I can't find one anywhere on the net....can anyone help with this???