Hi there. I am having a HELL of a time trying to get
mod_perl compiled into apache 1_3.17.

I built it using APXS and I really have tried
everything I can think of.

It makes, and builds without a problem. When I try to
do a configtest (after installing the new LoadModule
and such into the httpd.conf file) I get this:

% apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 207 of
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libperl.so into
server: File not found
%

% ls -l /usr/local/apache/libexec/libperl.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  210522 Feb  8 13:49
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libperl
.so
%

As you can see the file is there.

I am running BSDI 4.1 and Apache 1_3.17 trying to
compile mod_perl 1.25

HELP :)

Aaron Schlesinger