If youre looking for a solution, i suggest putting in a little javascript
on the form..

<FORM blah onSubmit="return submitme();">
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var clicked = 0;
function submitme() {
        if(clicked == 0) { clicked = 1; }
        else { return false; }
        return true;
}
//-->
</script>

as for the other processes, its been my experience that they complete and
die off after apache is done... ie lagging your server to hell.. depends
on your configuration though

Michael Wojcikiewicz
Web Application Developer
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]