Hello ,

  I am getting "Apache->read timed out messages in my error_log,now i have been
looking at this problem for a while now before posting it for help, whats happening is
if i test my application from within the network , because the connection being very
fast i am not having any problems , but when i try to do the same thing from the
external network over a dial up line i get this error message in the error logs and
the script gets killed

  What we are doing is we are uploading large amts of data using HTTP POSTS ,so at the
server end i am using the Apache->read function to get the body of the post.

  I have even tried this by making the application point a cgi-bin/perl script rather
than a mod perl script , could this problem be because of buggy read function or is it
that some other request running on the same client might have read my STDIN .

  The reason i say this is some times i have observed if i reload the webserver and
immediately try to post something the chances of the upload going thru are good but if
i try the same thing after the webserver has run for a while then the post always
fails in a time window of around 165 secs .

  This particular bug was supposed to be fixed in production days ago but still i
don't have any clue .

  i have even tried to write a small client using plain sockets and making the client
sleep for some secs after posting each line of the body just to increase the time
required for posting the whole content.

  System config is

  Stronghold/3.0 , Apache/1.3.12 C2NetEU/3011 , mod_ssl/2.6.4
  OpenSSL/0.9.5a mod_perl/1.22

  OS : Solaris

Pls help

Thanks,